Upcoming training sessions
The club caters for all abilities, ranging from beginner to national standard and all ages from junior to super-vet. Through the season sessions change, but the normal week looks like this:-
- (Spring/Summer Only) – Open Water Swim Session (Eccleston Mere, St Helens) – see www.beurbest.com for details
- (October-March) – Novice and/or Chaingang Bike Session (Pimbo Industrial Estate, 7.00-8.00pm – £FREE)
- (All year round) – Strcutured Swim Session (Selwyn Jones Leisure Centre, Newton Le Willows, 9.00-10.00pm – £2 ALL)
- (April to September) – Cycle/Run Brick Session (Pimbo Industrial Estate: 6.30-8.00pm – £FREE)
- (All year round) – Onroad and offroad run session in Rainford (6.30-8.00pm – £FREE)
- (All year round) – BeUrBest Swim Session (Edge Hill Sport, Ormskirk 8.00-9.30pm – see www.beurbest.com for details
- (All year round) – BeUrBest Swim Session (Edge Hill Sport, Ormskirk 7.00-8.00am – see www.beurbest.com for details
- (All year round) – Structured swim session for Seniors and Juniors (Selwyn Jones Leisure Centre, Newton Le Willows, 9.00-10.30am – £4 Adults/£3 Juniors)
- (Autumn-Spring) – Group A and B club bike rides (9.00am, Windle Island, St Helens or Selwyn Jones depart – always check club forum – £FREE)
Through the Spring/Summer the club also cycle timetrials on a Tuesday (Prescot Eagle/Liverpool Phoenix/mersey RC/East L’Pool Wheelers Clubs – £3.50) – First Rider 7.00pm.
There are numerous qualified club coaches to give advice and a wealth of experience within the membership. St Helens TRI is affiliated to British Triathlon England (Starmark Certified), British Cycling, Cycling Time Trials (CTT), England Athletics and the Manchester Area Cross Country League (MACCL).